Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anything Special...

As some of y'all know, my maternity leave is quickly coming to an end and I will be returning to my teaching job in just a few short weeks (12 days to be exact).  I know that I am incredibly fortunate because my school provides childcare for the teacher's kids (for a fee....of course!) so Libbi will be going to school with me.  But.....it's still not the same as staying home with her.  No matter how close she is, how few steps away, or even just the click of the mouse to watch her on the video monitor.  It's... just... not... the... same.

Today I am trying to fill out the paperwork to enroll her in "school." In a weird way I  take pleasure in writing down all her stats (in my best handwriting, no doubt!)  :-)

Birthdate: June 22, 2009

Parents Names: Amy & Jeffrey

Siblings: None

Age as of Sept 1st: 10 weeks

Date of Enrollment: October 13, 2009

Anything special you want us to know about your child that will help us better serve you?

hmm......

How to answer that????

There are two little lines provided to write my answer on, but I just can't seem to find the right words.

Is there anything special I want them to know?

Yes, actually.....lots.

She wakes up talking every morning.  She loves the sound of her own voice.  She eats like a champ - never missing a meal.  She smiles and melts my heart at least 1000 times a day.  She looks cute in practically everything!  She sticks out her tongue when she smiles and squints up her eyes.  Her cheeks are the first part of her face to raise in a smile and then the rest of it follows.  She loves to lay on her boppy playmat and "talk" to the butterfly.  She has rolled over from her back to her tummy one time and I screamed with joy.  I've been trying to film her doing it ever since - but she's yet to do it again.  When she laughs it is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.  She has an ongoing love affair with the ceiling fan. She does not like tummy time in the afternoons, only in the morning.  She will take a pacifier but would rather suck her thumb or her two fingers.  She sleeps through the night.  She "sings" herself to sleep every night.  She loves to cuddle.  She has a ticklish spot right below her ribs.  She smiles at her daddy as soon as he walks in the door.  She likes to talk to her daddy more than anyone else (except maybe herself!) She loves to look at herself in the mirror.  She looks just like her daddy. She blows bubbles all day long.  She grunts all the time. She kicks her feet constantly and it is impossible to keep socks on her.  She only fusses when she is tired or has a dirty diaper.  She has at least three "explosions" a day.  She ruins a handful of outfits a week.  She is a happy baby.  She does not like to lie down.  She loves sitting up and looking around.  She loves taking baths, but hates to get out of the bathtub because is makes her too cold.  She has a "cowlick" in the front of her hair.  She will take a bottle, but prefers not to.  She pulls on her left ear when she gets sleepy.  She likes to be outside.  She loves riding in the car, but hates getting in the carseat. She likes to sit in her bumbo seat and watch everything! She likes to listen to music.  I love her so much it makes my heart hurt. She is an undeniable testament of God's goodness and grace.  She is a daily reminder of His infinite power.   

Anything special you want us to know about your child that will help us better serve you?

How can I help them to understand that everything about her is special?

I look at those two tiny lines awaiting my answer.....

....and I decide to leave them blank.
blog comments powered by Disqus