Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day...

Today was a "SNOW DAY!!!" Technically more of an "ice day" but who cares?!  School was cancelled and that's all that matters! ;0) 
The weathermen were predicting snow for Thursday evening, but I wasn't convinced.  I went to bed thinking it would NEVER happen, but woke up to a text at 1am to find out that school was in fact cancelled!!!  woo-hoo!!

On a side note, Why is it that the short weeks always feel so
l-o-n-g?  I did not have to work on Monday this week so I basically only had a three-day-work week, but it definitely did not feel like it!  Between Jeffrey being out of town, trying to get Libbi back in her school routine, report cards going home, a dead battery in my car, and a few other things thrown in the mix....all I have to say is, "Thank you Jesus for the snow!"

We spent our snow day bundled up in out winter gear, making snowmen, having a snowball fight, and drinking hot cocoa (with marshmallows, of course) by the fire.....

JUST KIDDING!


We stayed in our PJ's all day.  The only time I left the house was to get the mail. And the closest I came to hot chocolate was the chocolately milk from my Cocoa Krispies this morning - ha! 

However, Libbi did have a bath....first thing this morning!  Baby girl chowed down on some green beans last night and apparently they didn't sit well with her overnight. Yeah...those pajamas will not be seen again (at least until the garbage men pick them up next week...)


I debated on getting Libbi out in the snow to take a few pictures, but decided against it.  Since she JUST finished her last dose of her antibiotic and is still doing breathing treatments....


I pulled the "mom card" and made the executive decision that she could just enjoy the snow from the window. 

By the way, don't let the pitiful face fool you....

This girl loves doing breathing treatments....I'm not even kidding!


She just reclines back and let's me hold that little mask on her face while she breathes in the healing mist.  I thought for sure she would fight it, but for some reason, it totally relaxes her....until about 10 minutes after when the meds kick in....then she is BOUNCING off the walls.  That stuff is literally like baby speed.  We learned very quickly NOT to do a breathing treatment anywhere close to bedtime! =0)  I'll post a video soon of "hyper Libbi" and you'll see what I'm talking about!

For now, here are a few pictures from our much needed snow day!
If you ask me, our day was perfect, because we were home....and we were together!


Begging to go outside...




Trying out her best pout....hoping I'll give in...





This is Libbi after I burst her bubble by telling her that A) she could not go out and play because she might get sick...and B) what she thinks is snow is really just our driveway...


She decides she's content to stay inside where it's warm and just look cute as pie in her little hat.

 (check out Becky's site - her hats are adorable!! Thanks Becky....we love it!)  

Plus, I promised to feed her some bananas...Baby girl knows what she likes! ;0)
blog comments powered by Disqus