Thursday, September 30, 2010

15 month check-up...

Libbi had her 15 month check-up the other day and it went GREAT!  I have to admit, I was (pleasantly) surprised.  Our last well visit didn't go so smoothly, but for some reason this time she decided to cooperate - whew! :)

She patiently read a magazine in the waiting room while waiting for her name to be called.  
Once we went back to the exam room, she willing stripped down (btw, she's become quite the streaker lately....girl loves to be ne-kid).  I think I figured out why she had a conniption every time she had to get weighed before: they were weighing her out in the hallway on the scale in front of everyone.  I have a feeling I would pitch a little bit of a fit, too if I had to be weighed (naked, no less) in front of everyone - what a nightmare!
For some reason, this week they decided to switch it up and roll the scale into the exam room (maybe she had a "freaks-out-when-put-on-the-scale" note attached to her chart???) 
She happily obliged and sat on that scale like a champ.  I was so proud.  She weighed in at 23 lbs. 13.2 oz (50 - 70%) and was 31 1/4 inches long (75%).  She's a growing girl!
After the nurse left, Libbi had a bit of a meltdown when she couldn't get the cabinets opened.  Bless her heart, she tried her hardest but those things just wouldn't budge.  Luckily, she found out that there were some books in one of the drawers so those kept her occupied until the doctor came in.
Again, I was so proud of how well she did.  No tears, no fighting, no contorting her body into weird positions trying to escape.  It was shocking, really.  
I thought for sure she would lose it when it came time for her shots, but she cried for a brief minute during the initial poke, but as soon as I picked her up, she stopped crying and told the nurse, "no, no, no!" complete with a wagging finger and a stern face.  That's my girl. ;0)

As we were checking out, Libbi found the basket of stickers and begged for a dog sticker. Of course, I gave in. We made our 18 month appointment (which is the day before Christmas Eve....what?!?!  How can Christmas be so soon?) and were on our way.

Once we loaded up in the car, I thought she was looking a little pitiful, but then I realized she was just contemplating how she could get those band-aids off her legs.

Sure enough, when we got home and I opened the door to the backseat, she had finagled those band-aids off and was just pleased as punch with herself.  

Hopefully our next appointment will be just as uneventful as this one....and will be followed by another FOUR HOUR NAP, too! ;0)


blog comments powered by Disqus