Tuesday, December 21, 2010

19 weeks...

I am 19 weeks pregnant! :)


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of baby: according to babycenter.com, baby Tippins is about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom - about the size of a large heirloom tomato
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have lost one pound - ha!  As long as this number does not increase by double digits, I will continue to post it. ;)
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular.  Most of my shirts are starting to get a little short, though....
Gender: Only the good Lord knows....I don't really have a feeling either way.  Some days I am positive we're having a girl and other days I think boy.
Movement: I've been feeling the baby move especially in the early morning and late at night
Sleep: non-exsistent. I had horrible insomnia when I was pregnant with Libbi, and it looks like the trend is continuing (BOO!) I am SO tired every day and I fall asleep pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow (around 8:30 - ha!) but then I usually wake up around 12:30 and am pretty much awake the rest of the night....  
What I miss: Sleeping through the night :)
Cravings: goldfish crackers.  I keep them on my nightstand and usually have a snack of goldfish around 2am every morning.  Poor Jeffrey, not only does he have to deal with the TV being on all night long, but he also has to inhale the scent of cheddar throughout the night!
Symptoms: Mostly tiredness, dry skin, back aches
Best Moment this week: Hearing the Baby's heartbeat this morning (155 bpm).

I had a dr's appointment this morning and it seriously stressed me out.  Thank God Libbi stayed home, otherwise I really may have lost my mind...or what's left of it! :)

My blood pressure was high when they first checked it, so I had to lie on my side and "try to relax" ha!  yeah right, it probably shot up even higher after they told me that!  Then, there was some glucose detected in the "sample" that I had to leave.  So they said I had to have a sugar scan.  By this point, I'm sweating. Seriously sweating.  

After the doctor came in and measured me and we listened to the heartbeat, they sent the nurse back in to re-check my blood pressure.  Lo and behold, it was normal!  Whew!  The next nurse came in to prick my finger and get a sample of blood for the "sugar scan."  After she pricks my finger, she figures out that the machine that they use is not working.  Great!  So, she has to go get another one and then prick another finger.  Again, my glucose levels were totally normal!  The doctor thinks it may have been what I ate for breakfast that showed up in the "sample" I left in the restroom.  Note to self: DO NOT eat a bowl of cocoa krispies before my next appointment! ;0)

All in all, everything looks good and we go back for the Anatomy Scan next week.  At this point, we are still set on not finding out the gender of the baby, but I hope I can be that strong when the opportunity is right in front of me next week!

blog comments powered by Disqus