Friday, February 25, 2011

amy answers...part 2

**If you missed part one, you can find it here**

Since I'm from Canada, I'm curious: what do you like most/least about living in the South?
I love living in the South and don't think I would ever want to live anywhere else.  I love all the "southern" traditions, foods, and accents :)  (but, I don't always notice the accents since I speak "southern" too - ha!)  I love that people say "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am" and "yes sir" and "no sir."  I could probably list a million other things.... but I'm at a loss right now.... :/



How did you become OSU fans living in the South?
Karen, you are going to laugh at this (hopefully) but we're not OSU fans.  Jeffrey actually HATES them - haha!  He has a love/hate relationship with OSU.....he follows their football team (and sometimes basketball) but mostly to root for them to lose - ha!  I have no idea why..... I think it has something to do with how crazy their fans are on the OSU messageboard - I think it is entertaining for him when they are all up in arms when OSU loses.  (Hope you're not offended!) ;0) But, we do watch all their games on TV and even have a few OSU tshirts that we sport. :)




Do you cook every night?  I try to cook at least 4 or 5 nights a week.  (hopefully Jeffrey is not laughing or rolling his eyes at this).  I typically cook Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.  Wednesdays Jeffrey plays tennis so Libbi and I will have chick-fil-a since he's not home for supper.  I am not a huge fan of leftovers (although there are a few exceptions) so I've really been trying to cut our portions in half and use what I have to make two meals instead of one big one.  For instance, if I make ground beef, I'll use half of it for spaghetti and save the other half for tacos the next night, etc.  This has really helped save money (and cut back on the food that we throw out!)  Saturdays we tend to eat out and Sundays are a free for all (or as Jeffrey just calls it "hodge podge") :) We'll eat anything from frozen pizza to cereal for dinner 



How do you like being a SAHM?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE staying home with Libbi!  It is seriously the BEST!  It is definitely harder than I thought it would be and more work than I anticipated, but it is all worth it.  I love watching her grow and change each day and I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with her.  I am more than thankful for Jeffrey and how hard he works to provide for our family and the sacrifices that he makes so I can stay home with our baby(ies).  I feel like it is such a privilege, yet an awesome responsibility to be a mom - no matter if you're a working mom or a stay at home mom.  I recently read this quote in my devotion, "Mothering is not the ultimate goal of being a mom, revealing Christ to the children is." (From "Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed") Wow!! - what a gift to be the one that shows my children the love of Christ!! On the days that I struggle with feeling like my accomplishments are few and far between, I think of that quote and know that what I'm doing is not just for the here and now....it very well could have an effect on Libbi (and my future children) for all of eternity.  I pray that I am worthy of such a charge.  

Do you ever miss teaching?
Yes and no. :)  I miss all of my friends that I worked with and I miss the sense of accomplishment that I sometimes felt.  I loved working with kids and feeling like I was making a difference.  But, I don't miss all the paperwork, pressure, and stress that comes with it.  While it is an amazing thing to be able to teach a child (that is not my own) a new skill, it is also comes with a great deal of pressure.  I don't miss the testing, the grading, and all the "have to's" that were required during the school year.  I do miss the hugs, the sweet notes, and that unmistakeable look on a child's face when they finally, "got it."  

What's your dream vacation?
I honestly don't have one.  I am such a homebody....I know, BOR-RING! But, I would love anywhere that I could just relax, do nothing, read a good book, eat good food, and maybe get a tan in the process. :)


What's your favorite movie?

Again, I don't really have one.  I am just not a "movie person" and I never have been.  We go to the movies maybe twice a year??? and I will watch one on TV every now and then.  I typically have movies that I like (such as Notting Hill) and will just watch those over and over when they come on TV. 



Do you have to pay for your snazzy blog template?
Yes, but it's totally worth it (if you ask me!)  I could spend hours doing it myself and probably still not be 100% pleased with it, so I would rather just pay someone to do it for me and smile every time I see it instead of roll my eyes at silly mistakes I've made. :)  Leslie designed my blog for me and she is AWESOME!  She always makes sure it's exactly what I want and I have never been disappointed.  If you are looking for a blog makeover/update - check out her site by clicking here.
(btw, she is about to do another makeover for me....looks like I'll soon need to update things!) ;0)

I'm sure you've done this before, but I'd love to see lots of pictures of your house!
I will do a house tour one of these days (when it looks halfway clean and when I have time to take some pics) ;)

The final installment of "amy answer's" - Part Three - will post tomorrow!  
blog comments powered by Disqus