Tuesday, March 15, 2011

imaginations at play....

Today was a rainy day and I knew we needed to do something to get us out of the house.  Libbi has just been all over the place lately and into everything.  It seems as soon as we get one thing cleaned up, she's dumped out five more.  She's not really into "playing" with her toys per se.... just dumping them out everywhere.  If it's in a box, a tub, or any type of container - it won't be for long if she has anything to do with it.

I decided to take her to Imaginations at Play.  We had never been before and I thought it might be something she would enjoy.  I had read about it online and had a few friends recommend it, so we gave it a shot this morning. I've really been trying to consciously do as many things as possible with Libbi before the baby gets here.  I know that all too soon she won't be my only baby - which is exciting, but a little bittersweet, too. I just wanna soak up every minute of alone time with her that I can!

When we first got there, I texted Jeffrey this picture with the caption: 
"Guess where we are???"
Photobucket
His response:
Libbi heaven???

That pretty much sums up her experience.  She LOVED it!  It was nice for me too, because the entire place was more or less on her level so I didn't have to worry about her knocking anything over or jumping off of something that she shouldn't.  I could actually just sit back and watch her play (when she'd let me!) ;)

When we first got there, she made herself at home in the "Baby Builders" area
I have to admit I was a little irritated that I had just paid $8 for her to play with toys that we had at home or that were too small for her anyway.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
But, once I convinced her to leave and venture over to the "Rub-a-Dub-Tub"
Photobucket
she was 100% sold.
Photobucket
Photobucket
If I had a dollar for everytime she said "bu-bulls" I probably could have bought the place.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She was obsessed with the whole bubble table.  Despite the fact that she refused to put on a smock so her clothes were basically drenched, she was a happy camper.  I was actually very impressed with her self-control in keeping all the toys in the tub and not wanting to drag them all over the place or drink water out of them (gross, but true) :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
When I could drag her away from the "Rub-a-Dub-Tub", she agreed to try out a few more things (but would eventually find her way back to the water - ha!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
"A Day at the Beach" (where I'm sure her wet/soapy hands were not appreciated)....
Photobucket
Photobucket
notice the huge wet spots on her shirt :)

"A Day at the Market".....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"Art Table"......
Photobucket
"Veterinarian Clinic/Grooming Station".....
Photobucket
Photobucket
the stethoscope may have found it's way into the bathtub...oops!
"Big City Dig"......
Photobucket
"The Musical Tree".....
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was such a fun day and judging by the fact that Libbi is STILL napping (going on three hours!!!) I would say she enjoyed herself.  We will definitely be going back soon!
Photobucket

blog comments powered by Disqus